All personal information handled by Hyundai Motors, Co., Ltd. (hereafter ‘Company’) complies with the relevant personal information protection rules such as Personal Information Protection Act and is subject to personal information handling policy as follows in order to protect the users’ personal information and their rights as well as resolve any concern on personal information by users.
- Article 1. Purpose of personal information collection and use
- Article 2. Items of personal information collected and collection method
- Article 3. Retention of personal information and use period
- Article 4. Provision of personal information to a third party (limited to clients who agree at the time of purchasing vehicles)
- Article 5. Outsourcing of personal information processing
- Article 6. Procedures for destruction of personal information and method thereof
- Article 7. Rigthts of a client and his or her legal representative and how to exercise such rights
- Article 8. Matters related to measures for ensuring the safety of personal information
- Article 9. Matters related to the installation and operation of automatic personal information collection device or rejection of installation thereof
- Article 10. Matters related to personal information personnel and handling of complaints regarding personal information
Article 1. Purpose of personal information collection and use
1. Provision of goods and services to fulfill the obligations on the car sales contractShipping, registration by proxy, warranty repair, authentication for car maintenance service, authentication for billing, payment and collection of bills, retention of records for resolution of conflicts, handling of complaints, etc. Handling of complaints, delivery of notifications, survey on service satisfaction
2. Utilization for marketing and advertising activitiesNotice of new services (including products) and event information, notice of webzine and latest corporate information, DM, SMS, mail, notice of free gifts and events, utilization of client-specific statistical analysis data, market research
3. Client managementTest drive booking and service use, survey on service satisfaction, vehicle maintenance guide, authentication for membership services
Article 2. Items of personal information collected and collection method
1. Items collected
|Channel-specific classification||Required items||Optional items|
|Classification by Vehicle Purchase client||Name, resident registration number (foreigner registration number or passport number), name of merchandise, business number, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, purchased vehicle information||For purchase on installment, personal credit information pursuant to 'Act on Use and Protection of Credit Information', and authentication/discount information for people of national merits and disabled people|
|Classification by auto service client||name, contact (telephone number or cell phone number), address, purchased vehicle information||e-mail address|
|Potential client||Name, date of birth, gender, mobile phone number, e-mail address||Address, owned car, car on wishlist for purchase|
- Resident registration number will be collected only for the purposes permitted by law on the issuance of tax invoice or auto registration, etc.
- When collecting event and additional personal information, the categories will be divided into required/optional, and we will notify the purpose and duration of collection of personal information on the page and in writing to client and obtain additional consent.
2. How to collect personal information
- By signing in the website(www.genesis.com) and using services, in writing, by email, by phone, by applying for events
- ※ The foregoing personal information includes not only those at the time of initial collection, but those modified after the collection.
Article 3. Retention of personal information and use period
1. The Company holds and uses your personal information only for a period from the moment when your personal information is collected to the moment when the agreed purpose is achieved. After the purpose of collecting and using your personal information is achieved, the Company destroys your personal information immediately.
2. However, where subject to the obligation of retention specified in relevant laws and regulations such as Commercial Code, the Company retains your personal information for a prescribed period. In this case, the Company only uses your personal information only for retention purposes. The retention period is as stated below.
- 1) Information related to the Company's commercial ledger, critical documents for sales activities and slips : 10 years - critical documents / 5 years - slips (Commercial Code)
- 2) Information related to ledgers and documentary evidence for all transactions : 5 years (Framework Act on National Taxes, Corporate Tax Act)
- 3) Records related to contracts or cancellation of application, records related to payment or supply of goods : 5 years (Act on Customer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 4) Records related to customer complains or resolution of conflicts : 3 years (Act on Customer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 5) Ledger and tax invoice or receipt issued : 5 years (Value-Added Tax Act)
- ※ According to the 'Personal Information Expiration System', personal information of a member who does not use our service(s) for over a year will be segregated.
Article 4. Provision of personal information to a third party (limited to clients who agree at the time of purchasing vehicles)
|Partners||Purpose of use of information provided||Information provided (limited to vehicle purchasing clients)||Period of retention and use|
|Hyundai Card Co., Ltd.||Provide card financial
services and save points
name, (administrative) date of birth, gender, name of merchandise,
business registration number, address, contact, mobile phone number,
e-mail address, purchased vehicle information
after achieving the purpose of use
|Hyundai Capital Services, Inc.|| Provide automotive
installment financing services
|Hyundai Commercial Inc.|
|Nice Credit Rating Information Co., Ltd.||
and authentication of a user of installment transaction
|name, resident registration number, name of merchandise, business number, address, contact, mobile phone number, e-mail address, purchased vehicle information|
|Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs||Provide service(s) related to the registration of new vehicle.|
|Hyundai Marine and Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.||Purchase of a mandatory auto insurance policy for a vehicle prior to regular registration||Name, resident registration number, name of merchandise, business number, purchased vehicle information|
|Korea Expressway Corporation||For provision of High-pass service registration||purchased vehicle information|
- In the event there is a prior consent by client
- In the event it is required by a special provision of law
- In the event there is a request by an investigative agency for investigating purposes pursuant to procedure and means stipulated by law
Article 5. Outsourcing of personal information processing
The Company is outsourcing a part of necessary activities to an external service provider for the provision of its service. This external service provider is bound by an outsourcing contract to comply with privacy related laws and regulations, maintain the confidentiality of personal information, provide no oursourced information to a third party, take responsibility for any accident, and return or destroy the outsourced personal information after the termination of outsourcing period or completion of processing
※ The list of outsourcing service providers is subject to change according to changes in services or contract period. You will be notified of such changes in advance.
Personal information for vehicle purchase / auto service client
|Outsourced activities||Outsourced service provider|
|Hyundai Motors Co., Ltd. Sales agency||Hyundai Motors sales dealer|
|Warranty repair, emergency dispatch, outsourced vehicle maintenance service and manufacturing defect correction warranty repair of special equipment on a specially equipped vehicle||Blue Hands franchise, Hyundai Hi-Car Co., Ltd.|
|Vehicle registration by proxy (company)||Samwoosa, Deungroknara, Gyeonggi Taegeuksa, Joeunsa, Yongin Joonang Administrative Office, Oboksa, Chungilsa, Hwaseung Oboksa, Ungwangsa, Samosa, Jeon Homyeong, Miraesa, Hyeongje Corporation, Yeong Sun Han, Daehasa, Haengwunsa, Gyeonggisa, Obok, Chungilsa, Bucheon Oboksa, Shinwoo Corporation, Obok, Samosa, Gwangmyeong Agency, Gunpo Eunhwasa, Eunhwasa, Siheung Corporation, Jieunsa, Seoung Woo Choi, Jeilsa, LG Corporation, Gumi Registration, Samhyeongje Corporation, Hyeonchung Corporation, Jeong Representative Office, Mirae Office, Hwaseungsa, Hwang Wancheol Administrative Office (Oboksa), Kookmin Office, Seo Gyeongseok Administrative Office, Gyeongseongsa, Individual, Hyeonwusa, Shilla Shipping, Cheolima, Mijinsa, Dajin Co., Ltd., Seungju, Daegwangsa, Daeseong, Samjeong Obok Co., Ltd., Hanasa, Bugyeongsa, Hyudai Hangilro, Hanmoe, Ilwusa, Munsu Agency, Daeshin Corporation, Ulsansa, Jongha Corporation, Hanwul Corporation, Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance Eunhye Branch, Shinin Cheonhwaseong, Jaeryongsa, Yongmasa, Uiksa, Obok Chungilsa, Korea Vehicle Registration Agency, Comprehensive Vehicle Registration Agency, Yeosu Oboksa, Yeosu Vehicle Registration Agency, Gunsan Bonds, Jeil Number Plate Workshop,Iksan Dongin Number Plate, Jeongeup Number Plate Workshop, Jeonbuk Number Plate Workshop, Sambo, Seongilsa, Taegwangsa, Dangjin Oboksa (registered in Chungnam), Korea Vehicle Registration, Jang Dongsun Licensed Administrative Agent, Kim Seungtaek Licensed Administrative Agent, Asan Chungilsa, Seoro Licensed Administrative Agent, Speed Licensed Administrative Agent, Lee Jeongho Licensed Administrative Agent, Mirae Vehicle Registration, Kim Myeonghwan Licensed Administrative Agent, Chungil Car Plaza, Car Install|
|Vehicle registration by proxy||Agency of vehicle registration by proxy (individual)|
|Delivery of contracted vehicle to client||Hyundai Glovis Co., Ltd., Gwangjang logistics, Goodmorning logistics, Daekyung logistics, Daetong Transportation, Daehan shipping, Dream Logis, Moojin logistics, Seojin logistics, Sunmyeong logistics, Shim Cheon, Youngwon logistics, Joosung Networks, Chunbo World, KJ logistics, Hyundai logistics, Hyunwoo logistics, Hyesung Logis|
|Client consultation on auto purchase and service||A-serve Co., Ltd.|
|Operation and maintenance of a logistic system||Hyundai Autoever Co., Ltd.|
|SMS agency||Onse Telecom Co., Ltd.|
|Auto tinting construction and consignment||TV Tech Ad Co., Ltd.|
|Survey on customer satisfaction for purchased vehicle and opinions about new model(s)||Gallup Korea Co., Ltd., Nielsen Company Korea Ltd., Ipsos Korea Co., Ltd., Nice RNC Co., Ltd., Korea Research Co., Ltd., TNS Korea Co., Ltd., GFK Custom Research Korea, Ltd., Macromill Embrain Co., Ltd., Millward Brown Media Research Co., Ltd., Marketing Insight Co., Ltd., Seoul Marketing Research Co., Ltd., Acorn Marketing and Research Consultants Hong Kong, Ltd., Korea Branch, Em Brain Co., Ltd., Synovate Korea, Focus Company Co., Ltd., Research Lab Co., Ltd.|
|Collection of auto purchase payment?credit information check, market analysis and personal verification, etc||Nice Credit Rating InformationCo., Ltd., Solomon Credit information Co., Ltd., Seoul Credit Rating information Co., Ltd., Mirae Credit information Co., Ltd., Korea Credit information Co., Ltd., Seil Credit information Co., Ltd.|
|Client invitation event, TM, shipment of mail and awards||Golden-mean Communication Co., Ltd., 3A Billing Co., Ltd., Bill Post Co., Ltd., Jouny (Blue Link/MOZEN), INNOCEAN, Idea All, Clip Service Co., Ltd., Place M Co., Ltd., Hanjin Co., Ltd., Mog Communications, Media Bling, All for One|
|Telematics service and subscription||M.P.C. Co., Ltd.|
|Storing Electronic contracts in Certified e-Document Authority (for customers who wroted the sales contract only)||Hana INS Co., Ltd.|
|Transmission of mobile happy con by proxy, Notification of free gift for mobile survey event||Start Beautique|
|Used car price guarantee||U Car Co., Ltd.|
Article 6. Procedures for destruction of personal information and method thereof
Unless specified by other laws and regulations to retain, the Company in principle destroys a client's personal information without delay after the intended purpose of collecting and using such information is achieved.
The procedures for and method of destroying personal information are as follows.
1. Destruction procedure
- The personal information you provided to the Company will be moved to another DB (another cabinet for paper) after accomplishing the purpose of collection/use, saved for a certain time pursuant to the reason for information protection in accordance with internal policy and other relevant rules (refer to the duration of preservation and use), and destroyed.
- The personal information moved to another DB will not be used for purposes other than that for which it is preserved unless law stipulates so.
2. Destruction method
- The personal information saved as an electronic file will be deleted using a technical method that does not allow playing the record.
- The personal information printed on paper will be destroyed by crushing with crusher or by incinerating.
Article 7. Rigthts of a client and his or her legal representative and how to exercise such rights
1. You or your legal representative (if you are aged below 14) may express the Company your intention to cancel your agreement to collection and use of your personal information or withdraw your membership at any time.
2. In addition, you or your legal representative (if you are aged below 14) may submit your request to the Company for the retrieval, provision and correction of your personal information.
3. You can exercise the foregoing rights online by accessing the Company's website through authentication and then moving to the Manage My Information menu, or offline by submitting a request in writing, or contacting the customer service or personnel in charge of personal information by phone or email.
4. When you request the correction of error in your personal information, the Company does not use or provide your personal information until such correction is completed. If your personal information requiring correction has already been provided to a third party, the Company notifies the third party of error correction without delay to ensure such error is properly corrected by the third party.
Article 8. Matters related to measures for ensuring the safety of personal information
1. Technical/administrative protective measures for personal informationThe Company is applying the following technical/administrative measures to your personal information to prevent loss, theft, leak, modulation or damage to your personal information and ensure safety thereof.
2. Technical measures
A. Encryption of customer information
Customer's precious personal information is encrypted and stored on the database to prevent the use of it even if it is leaked by an external intrusion.
B. Communication section encryption
We make sure client information is safety transmitted through SSL for the interval where client registers for membership through the website and enters client information after login.
C. Installation of security solution
In order to safely provide service and manage client information, we installed a vaccine program for the personal information handling system and perform regular update and maintenance. In preparation for breach from outside such as hacking, we installed infiltration block/detection system in order for a continued monitoring against infiltration from outside.
3. Administrative measures
A. Establishment of personal information management system
In order to safely manage personal information we established and operate an internal personal information management system in the Company.
B. Operation of personal information protection committee
We organized a committee for personal information protection of the Company to hold conference more than twice a year in order to improve and correct the issues on the operation of personal information management system and personal information protection.
C. Management of personal information personnel
We collect personal information protection pledge from the persons handling clients’ personal information and provide education on personal information protection more than twice a year for the emphasis on the importance of client information and safe management. In addition, we are minimizing the unnecessary access and exposure of client’s personal information through management of authority by personal information handlers.
Article 9. Matters related to the installation and operation of automatic personal information collection device or rejection of installation thereof
1. Purpose of using cookies, etc.
- The cookies are used for targeted marketing through the analysis of the frequency of login at the website and the duration of visit, identification and analysis of users’ interest area, and identification of participation/visit to various events and for the provision of individual customized service. You have the discretion on installing cookies. Thus, you can set the options on your web browser either to allow all cookies, go through confirmation every time a cookie is saved, or refuse saving any cookie.
2. How to refuse setting cookies
- To refuse setting the cookies, you can set the options on your web browser either to allow all cookies, go through confirmation every time a cookie is saved, or refuse saving any cookie.
- Setting example (Internet Explorer) : Tool (At the top of web browser) > Internet Option > personal information > Advanced > Select setting
- However, you might encounter difficulties for some services requiring login when you refuse saving cookies.
Article 10. Matters related to personal information personnel and handling of complaints regarding personal information
1. To protect your personal information and handle complaints regarding personal information, the Company designates the organization and personnel in charge of personal information as follows.Privacy officer
- Name: Keon Hyuk Ryu
- Organization: Director of customer value support office
- Position: Director
- Contact: 080-600-6000
- Name: Jun Ho Kim
- Organization: Customer value support team
- Position: Assistant Manager
- Contact: 080-600-6000
2. If you raise an opinion or complaint to the foregoing organization or personnel regarding the handling of personal information, the Company will make its utmost effort to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
3. If you need to report or consult about privacy infringement, please contact the following institutions.
- Privacy Infringement Report Center (operated by Korea Internet and Security Agency) : privacy.kisa.or.kr118 (without a telephone exchange number)
- Supreme Prosecutors' Office Internet Crime Investigation Center : www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-3573
- National Police Agency Anti-cyberterrorism Center : www.netan.go.kr / 1566-0112
- This policy will be effective on September 23, 2016.