We will only use the personal data gathered through this website as set out in this Policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you have.
We are collecting and processing your personal data based on the requirements and obligations as set out in the European General Data Protection Regulation (herein as “GDPR”). In addition, further national data protection legislation may apply. For the Germany this will be in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (“BDSG”) that will specify some requirements and obligations as set out in the GDPR.
1. Data Controller and contacting us or our data protection officer
The responsible data controller for any personal data collected and processed in connection with the use of this website is:
Genesis Motor Europe GmbH, Strahlenbergerstraße 110-112, 63067 Offenbach am Main, Germany
Registration court Amtsgericht Offenbach am Main. HRB 53216
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Policy or any requests concerning your personal data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our further contact details are disclosed in the imprint.
The information you provide when contacting us will be processed to handle your request and will be erased when your request was completed. Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the respective information in accordance with statutory retention requirements, if applicable.
If you wish to contact our data protection officer you can do so via the above address or via: email@example.com.
2. Informational use of the website
When you visit our website for informational reasons, i.e. without registering for any of our provided services and without providing us with personal data in any other form, we automatically collect your access data and server log files (IP address, date and time of your access, which pages on our website you visited, including the notification if access was successful, the volume of transferred data, the referrer URL of your previously visited website and your used browser type and version). These personal data are necessary in order to provide you with our website and to ensure system stability and efficiency and to implement proper safeguards as to the security of our website and services.
The personal data automatically collected is necessary to provide the website Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest) with regards to our use of technical information to enhance our systems, make your usage of the websites more convenient or ensure the security of our websites. This is based on our legitimate interest as the data used for these purposes are stored for a limited period and do not allow us to personally identify a user.
Personal data that is collected is deleted automatically after the above mentioned purposes are fulfilled. We delete server log files after 7 days.
3. Contact Form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. Your salutation, first and last name, postal code and e-mail address are required in order to process your request and follow up as required. Other information such as your title, mobile or landline phone number and further personal data in your request can be provided voluntarily.
The personal data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us and in accordance with Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR as required to follow up on your request in which also our legitimate interest exists which may include the transfer to third parties such as other Genesis entities as far as this is necessary to follow up on your request (e.g. when it concerns the business of another or local Genesis entity).
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after your request has been processed and the personal data are not anymore necessary to fulfil the purpose of your request and as long as no statutory retention requirements are applicable.
4. Newsletter and personalized advertising
We offer you the possibility to subscribe to a newsletter in order to receive advertising about our vehicles as well as invitations and information about product launches, satisfaction surveys and information about our existing or new services. Your personal data provided in this context (title, first name, surname, e-mail address and optionally zip code and telephone number) will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of providing this service to the above-mentioned extent of your consent given for this purpose (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR).
Personalised advertising and market research
We offer you the opportunity to order personalized advertising about our products and events. Your personal data provided in this context (title, first name, last name, e-mail address, postal code and telephone number) will be used by us exclusively for the purpose of providing this service to the aforementioned extent of your consent given for this purpose (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR).
We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to confirm your newsletter subscription, subscription to personalized advertisement and market research and e-mail address. In this process, an e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you entered with your newsletter subscription/subscription to adverstisement and market research to confirm your consent. In connection with the double opt-in procedure, we store and document the IP address, date and time of submission of your newsletter subscription via web form as well as the IP address, date and time of your confirmation of the double opt-in email.
You can withdraw your consent at any time free of charge with effect for the future via the "Unsubscribe" link contained in every newsletter/personalized advertisement e-mail or via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as you unsubscribe from the newsletter/personalized advertisement, your personal data provided for the newsletter/personalized advertisement will be deleted, except to store your email address in a blacklist to document that you do not wish to receive our newsletter or unless other statutory retention periods apply.
5. Data analysis to improve our business
In order to continuously improve our business processes and services, we analyse data from our visitors, prospects and customers that interact with our products and services. For this purpose, Genesis processes e.g:
- Visitor data of the Genesis studios or websites (e.g. number of visitors in the studios)
- Private contact and identification data (e.g. postcode)
- Customer database data (e.g. account number, order number, vehicle identification number)
- Interaction data (e.g. requests to call center, requests for test drive, registration for newsletter, quotations, orders or sales)
In the course of processing, in order to comply with the principle of data minimisation, the personal data concerned are properly de-identified (e.g. by pseudonymisation). This includes the removal of all direct personal identifiers (e.g. name, email). Indirectly traceable identifiers are retained. After pseudonymisation, the data is analysed in Genesis' analytics systems. At no point is the direct personal reference restored. The results resulting from the analysis (in particular dashboards and key figures) are always aggregated and anonymous data.
The processing of your data is based on the legitimate interest of Genesis to improve the management of our business (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
The pseudonymous data collected by us for the analysis will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements and internal policies, for example as soon as the purpose for which it was collected no longer applies and provided that no other retention is opposed to the deletion.
6. Links to social media / social media plug-ins
Our website includes links to social networks. In order to protect your personal information while visiting our website we do not use social plugins. Instead, we embedded HTML-links in our website, enabling easy sharing in social media platforms. Embedding the link prevents a direct connection with various social media network servers when opening a page from our website. When clicking on one of the buttons, a browser window opens and directs the user to the respective website of the social network provider on which (after you have logged in) for example, the “Like” or “Share” button can be used.
When using or communicating our social media pages, we collect and process your contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), your content data (e.g. entries in online forms), and usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times) or meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
The collected personal data from our social media pages will be used by us to proceed and to communicate with you based on your contact request or feedback and/or for marketing. The personal data is necessary to provide our social media pages and our legitimate interest in order to interact with you on social media so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Instagram: Social network; service provider: Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA; parent company: Facebook, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA; Website: https://www.instagram.com; Data protection policy: https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy.
Privacy statement Facebook page
We are jointly responsible with Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. for the collection (but not further processing) of data from visitors to our Facebook page (known as a "Fan Page"). This data includes information about the types of content users view or interact with, or the actions they take (see under "Things You and Others Do and Provide" in the Facebook Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy), as well as information about the devices users use (e.g., IP addresses, operating system, browser type, language settings, cookie data; see under "Device Information" in the Facebook Data Policy Statement: https://www.facebook.com/policy). As explained in the Facebook Data Policy under "How do we use this information?", Facebook also collects and uses information to provide analytics services, called "Page Insights," to Page operators to provide them with insights into how people interact with their Pages and with content associated with them. We have entered into a special agreement with Facebook ("Page Insights Information," https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page-controller-addendum), which regulates in particular which security measures Facebook must observe and in which Facebook has agreed to fulfill the data subject rights (i.e., users can, for example, send information or deletion requests directly to Facebook). The rights of users (in particular to information, deletion, objection and complaint to the competent supervisory authority), are not restricted by the agreements with Facebook. Further information can be found in the "Information on Page Insights" (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information-about-page-insights-data).
7. Recipients and Categories of Recipients
Any access to your personal data is restricted to those individuals that have a need to know in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We may transfer your personal data for the respective purposes to the recipients and categories of recipients listed below.
- Private third parties – Affiliated or unaffiliated private bodies other than us. We are part of the Hyundai group. In some cases, after careful review, we may transfer your personal data to other entities in the group (e.g. our local entities in your country of residence), which process your personal data as independent data controller or as a joint controller with us.
These are in particular, but not limited to:
- Hyundai Motor Company, 12 Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea,
- Genesis Motor Deutschland GmbH, Strahlenbergerstraße 110-112, 63067 Offenbach am Main, Germany.
- Data processors – Certain third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, may receive your personal data to process such data on behalf of us under appropriate instructions as necessary for the respective processing purposes. The data processors will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the personal data, and to process the personal data only as instructed.
The current data processors are in particular, but not limited to:
- We are using data processors for providing us with services relating to our IT infrastructure (e.g. hosting or operation and maintenance of our IT systems and platforms).
- We engaged data processors for the operation and maintenance as well as content creation for our website.
- We are using data processors for our CRM operation and for our email marketing platform to which we may transmit your personal data.
- We transmit your personal data to certain third party service providers, with which we are cooperating to offer you certain functionalities of our website (e.g. relating to cookies).
These data processors may also use sub-processors for the provision of the respective services.
- Governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties that are public bodies as required or permitted by applicable law.
Our website contains links to third-party websites as well as some websites we are responsible for. If you follow a link to a website that we are not responsible for, we will indicate this to you. These websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
If you click on an external link, for example for our brochure, some of your data such as your IP address will be transmitted to the link’s destination. This is technically necessary due to the TCP/IP protocol on which the Internet is based.
8. Cross border data transfers
Within the scope of our information sharing activities set out above, your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries outside the EU or EEA) which may have different data protection standards than your country of residence. In this case we have appropriate safeguards with the involved third parties in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Please note that personal data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable measures to keep up an adequate level of data protection also when sharing your personal data with such countries. If we process data in a third country or if this is done in the context of using third-party services or disclosing or transferring data to third parties, this is only done if it is done to fulfill our (pre)contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, due to a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests.
In the case of a transfer outside of the EEA, this transfer is safeguarded by EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
9. Cookies and similar technologies
Depending on the company managing the used cookies we are using different types of cookies:
- Own cookies: These those cookies which are sent to the user’s system from a system or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These those cookies which are sent to the user’s system from a system or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another company processing the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on their purpose we use the different categories of cookies:
- Stricly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
You can choose your preferences to allow all cookies, not to allow some types of cookies or reject all cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer. You may choose which cookies you want on this website by setting your browser here.
Consent Tool One Trust
We use OneTrust (OneTrust Technology Limited, 82 St. John Street, London, England, EC 1M 4JN) as our cookie consent tool. With this privacy management solution, we offer the possibility to consent to the storage of cookies in a legally compliant manner and to ensure the revocation of consent. Furthermore, the consent is documented for legal proof and the setting of cookies is technically controlled. Cookies are used for this purpose, which saves your cookie settings on our websites. In this way, the cookie settings can be retained when you visit our website again, as long as you do not delete the cookies beforehand. You can adjust your settings at any time. OneTrust stores and operates the software as software as a service in the cloud.
In this relation the following of your personal data are processed: Your IP address; if consent is given, information on browser, country, device. Pseudo-anonymous browser ID: Retention of given/withdrawn consents by groups/solutions with indication of the time of change in order to be able to provide legal proof of the given consent.
Your personal data are processed to offer the possibility to consent to cookies and to document your consent, to ensure the withdrawal of consent and to control your settings. The data processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
Cookie: Adobe Analytics
This website uses Adobe Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited ("Adobe"). The data processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
Access to the information by Adobe Systems Incorporated based in the USA cannot be ruled out, so corresponding EU standard data protection clauses have been concluded as appropriate guarantees for data processing in non-European countries. You have the right to be informed about this standard contract in the context of the information.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Adobe, as well as the processing of this data by Adobe, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
Adobe Experience Platform Launch
We use Adobe Experience Platform Launch, a tag management system provided by Adobe on this website. This tag management system allows us to control the use of analysis and online marketing software on our website and to improve its technical performance. The tag management system uses definable rules to control which software components (tags) of the website are used and in what form. This way, we can ensure that only the named tags are used and that they only collect data to the extent explained in this Policy. Cookies may also be used in the process. However, no data is stored in the tag management system itself.
The data processing is always based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR). You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by changing the cookie settings in the Cookie Consent Manager or in your browser setting accordingly.
In connection with programmatic advertising, the processing of the data is based on your respective consent (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR), the following technologies in particular are used:
Campaign Manager 360
Your browser will automatically establish a direct connection with Google's server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our current state of knowledge: Through the integration of Campaign Manager 360, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
Google may transfer your personal data to Google group companies, such as Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
In addition, the Campaign Manager 360 cookies used allow us to understand whether you perform certain actions on our website after you have accessed or clicked on one of our ads on Google or on another platform via Campaign Manager 360 (conversion tracking). Campaign Manager 360 uses this cookie to track what content you have interacted with on our websites in order to subsequently send you targeted advertising.
You can prevent participation in this tracking process in several ways:
- by adjusting your browser software settings accordingly; in particular, suppressing third-party cookies will result in you not receiving third-party ads;
- by disabling conversion tracking cookies by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, which setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies;
- by disabling interest-based ads from the providers that are part of the "About Ads" self-regulatory campaign, through the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, with this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies;
- by permanent deactivation in your browsers at the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin;
- by means of the appropriate cookie setting.
- In addition, you can prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookies about your use of the websites and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at https://support.google.com under "Display settings", "Extension for Campaign Manager deactivation".
Display & Video 360 (DV360)
Google may transfer your personal data to Google group companies, such as Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. According to Google, data is only transmitted by Google to third parties on the basis of legal requirements or as data processing and in no case will your data be merged with other data collected by Google.
We use a web analytics service provided by MediaMath, Inc. 4 World Trade Center, 150 Greenwich Street, 45th Floor, New York 10007, USA (“MediaMath”). MediaMath processes the data associated with your device into a pseudonymous identification number "MediaMath ID". This unique MediaMath ID may then be stored in a cookie on your device, which helps to provide ads that are more relevant to you.
The MediaMath ID and other information collected may also help us measure your activity on our website to determine the effectiveness of the ads served through the Platform. This allows us to better understand your preferences and interests.
MediaMath may transfer this information to third parties where required by law or where third parties process this data on behalf of MediaMath.
Facebook Custom Audiences
We use the remarketing function Custom Audiences provided by Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). As a result, advertisements ("Facebook ads") based on your preferences are displayed to you when you visit the Facebook social network or other websites that also use this function.
Your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server when you visit our website. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our current state of knowledge: Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our Internet presence or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. This collection by Facebook enables us, for example, to display advertising from us to you as a (former) visitor to our website on other websites (so-called retargeting). Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider may learn and store your IP address and other identifiers.
Facebook may also transfer data to other Facebook companies outside the EU/EEA, such as Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. If you do not wish to participate in this tracking, you can object to this by deactivating the "Facebook Custom Audiences" function if you are logged-in at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
For more information about how your personal data are processed and how you can prevent the setting of cookies, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
We use Facebook Pixel provided by Facebook on our website. This allows us to track your behaviour after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This procedure is used to evaluate the effectiveness of the Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes and can help to optimize future advertising measures. If you are logged in to Facebook with your user account, your visit to our website will be noted in your user account. The data collected about you is anonymous for us, so it does not allow us to draw any conclusions about your identity. However, this data can be linked by Facebook with your user account there. We have no influence on the scope and further use of data collected by Facebook through the use of Facebook Pixel. If you have a user account with Facebook and are registered, Facebook can assign the visit to your user account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the Facebook learns and stores your IP address and possibly other identifiers.
Facebook may also transmit data to other Facebook companies, such as Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA.
You can object to the aforementioned collection by Facebook Pixel and the use of your data to display Facebook Ads. You can make settings regarding which types of advertisements are displayed to you within Facebook on the following website: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Facebook, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
LinkedIn Insight Tag
We use the web analytic service LinkedIn Insight Tag provided by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland ("LinkedIn") on our website. The LinkedIn Insight tag enables the collection of data about visits to our website, including URL, referrer URL, IP address, device and browser properties, timestamp and page views. LinkedIn does not share any personally identifiable information with us, but only provides aggregate reports on website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, so we can use this data to display targeted ads outside of our website without identifying the LinkedIn member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes in their LinkedIn account settings.
LinkedIn may also transfer personal data to other LinkedIn companies, such as LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
As an alternative to changing your browser or cookie consent settings, you can click on the following link to prevent LinkedIn from collecting data on this website in the future: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
We use the Twitter Remarketing service provided by Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland ("Twitter"). This allows us to address visitors of our website on the Twitter platform with advertising that is of interest to them. For this purpose, Twitter uses so-called "tags". This is used to record visits and data about the use of our website in pseudonymous form. If you subsequently visit Twitter, you may be shown interest-based advertising.
Twitter may also transmit data to Twitter group companies in third countries, such as Twitter, Inc, 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA.
If you do not want interest-based advertising to be displayed to you on Twitter, you can deactivate this feature on Twitter at https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171528. In addition, Twitter supports the "Do Not Track (DNT)" option. You can activate this at: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171372.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Twitter, please visit https://business.twitter.com/de/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html.
We use Twitter Pixel provided by Twitter on our website. This allows us to track your behaviour after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Twitter advertisement. This procedure is used to evaluate the effectiveness of the Twitter ads for statistical and market research purposes and can help to optimize future advertising measures. If you are logged in to Twitter with your user account, your visit to our website will be noted in your user account. The data collected about you is anonymous for us, so it does not allow us to draw any conclusions about your identity. However, this data can be linked by Twitter to your user account there. We have no influence on the scope and further use of data collected by Twitter through the use of Twitter pixels. If you have a user account with Twitter and are registered, Twitter can assign the visit to your user account. Even if you are not registered with Twitter or have not logged in, it is possible that Twitter will learn and store your IP address and possibly other identifiers.
Twitter may also transmit data to Twitter group companies in third countries, such as Twitter, Inc, 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA.
You can object to the above-mentioned collection by Twitter Pixel as well as the use of your data for the display of Twitter ads. You can make settings regarding which types of advertisements are displayed to you within Twitter on the following website: https://twitter.com/account/settings.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by Twitter, please visit: https://twitter.com/privacy.
Third Party Audience Data
Moreover, to effectively target potentially interested users, we use third party audience data that is lawfully acquired on audience platforms such as the above-mentioned DSPs (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google) and processed in accordance with applicable data protection law. The data will only be used for the purposes stated in this Policy and will only take place if the necessary consent has been lawfully obtained.
We have reasonable state of the art security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal data. In order to protect your personal data transmitted via our website, we use SSL encryption. You can recognise such encrypted connections by the prefix https:// in the address bar of your browser.
Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
IP address shortening:
If IP addresses are processed by us or by the service providers and technologies used and the processing of a complete IP address is not required, the IP address is shortened (also referred to as "IP masking"). In this process, the last two digits or the last part of the IP address after a period are removed or replaced by wildcards. The shortening of the IP address is intended to prevent or significantly complicate the identification of a person by means of their IP address.
11. Data Retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
12. Your Rights
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- require (i) information whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
- request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
- object, out of grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing; and/or
- take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators.
- require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller;
- complaint to supervisory authority:; without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the requirements of the GDPR.
You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding our data processing by contacting us under the contact details set out in section 1.
This Policy may require an update from time to time – e.g. due to the implementation of new technologies or the introduction of new services. We reserve the right to change or supplement this Policy at any time. We will publish the changes on https://www.genesis.com/de/en/privacy-policy.html and/or inform you accordingly (e.g., via email or hard copy letter communication).
14. Data Processing for other Genesis Services
If you have any questions in regard to the processing of your personal data related to other services by us, please contact email@example.com.
Date: January 5th 2023