Any component, except the items specified hereafter, of your new Genesis vehicle is covered for 60 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use.
- COMMERCIAL USAGE - 60 months / 100,000 km Applies to all models regardless of use
Note : Commercial Usage means that the vehicles has at any time been used or is currently used
for a commercial vehicle, security vehicle, tour or bus operator and emergency services vehicle.
Passenger vehicles used under commercial vehicle conditions will be limited to a 60 months /
100,000 km* warranty. *Whichever comes first
Original equipment battery charge and / or replacement are/is covered for 24 months from The date of original retail delivery or date of first use, or 40,000 km, whichever comes first.
AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT CHARGE
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for 12 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use. After that refrigerant charge is only covered as part of warranty covered repair to the air conditioning system.
AUDIO & MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM
- Exterior Paint Durability and Finish – 60 months / 100,000 Km
Excludes defects defined as scaling, blistering, scab, and fading that result from insufficient or improper maintenance or care.
- Exterior Paint Application Defects – 12 months / 20,000 Km
Paint application defects will be considered to be overspray, low gloss, mismatch, mottling, cloudy,
runs, fish eye, pin holes, slow drying, thin paint, waving, tape mark, touch mark, polishing/sanding
mark, touch up, dust or dirt in the paint.
- Anti Perforation – 60 months / 100,000 Km
Perforation is identified as corrosion through the body panel (from inside to outside) of the original
Genesis body sheet metal due to defects in material or factory workmanship.
This excludes surface corrosion that may result from insufficient or Improper maintenance or care.
(RADIO, MP3, CD PLAYER, AMP, AVN, HEAD UNIT, MONITOR etc.)
Audio/Multimedia system is covered for 36 months from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use or 100,000 Km, whichever comes first.
Tires originally equipped on Genesis vehicles are warranted by their respective manufacturer.
If an original tire on your Genesis vehicle has a defect in material or workmanship, please contact the tire manufacturer or ask your authorized Retailer of Genesis Branded products for assistance.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
Repair or replacement of any component originally manufactured by Hyundai that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance, except any item specifically referred to in the section "What is not covered".
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE
- Normal maintenance service :
Including checking, tightening, adjusting, engine tune-ups, fuel system adjustment, wheel to balancing, cleaning, lubrication, oil changes, replenishment of fuel, engine oil, transaxle fluid, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, battery electrolyte fluid, anti-freeze coolant, windshield washer fluid, air-conditioner refrigerant and tire rotation.
- Normal deterioration or wear of any part :
- Damage or failure resulting from :
- Negligence of proper maintenance as required in the Owner's Manual.
- Misuse, abuse, overload, accident, theft, water flooding, or fire.
- Use of improper or insufficient fuel, fluids, or lubricants.
- Use of non-genuine Genesis/Hyundai parts or accessories.
- Any device and / or accessories not supplied by Genesis/Hyundai
- Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
- Deterioration or rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim under normal use and exposure.
Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality of function of the vehicle or parts, such as or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
- Incidental or consequential damages :
Such as fuel, telephone, travel, loading inconvenience, commercial and/or personal loss and loss of use of the vehicle.
- Extra expenses :
Any economic loss including (without limitation) payment for the loss of time or pay, inconvenience,
loss of vehicle use, vehicle rental expense, lodging bills, food, other travel costs, storage charges
and other incidental or consequential loss or damage.
- Others :
- Any vehicle where the odometer mileage has been altered.
- Airborne "fallout", industrial fall-out, acid rain, salt, hail and wind storms, or other Acts of God.
- Paint scratches, dents, or similar paint or body damage.
- Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint and glass.
- Any paint defects or problems arising out of cargo compartment. (Trucks only)
Warranty service will be provided by an authorized Distributor/Retailer of Genesis Branded products without charge for parts or labor. This warranty will not apply to the warranty service performed by those other than an authorized Distributor/Retailer of Genesis Branded products.
JUDGMENT OF WARRANTY CLAIMS
Hyundai reserves the right to furnish final decision in all warranty claims.
EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER WARRANTY
This warranty is given in place of all other warranties expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness which extends beyond the express description herein, and any other obligations on the part of Hyundai or authorized distributor/retailer of Genesis Branded products. No dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty.