Genesis Motors Australia ("Genesis Motors Australia", "we", "us" or "our") is a registered business name of Hyundai Motor Company Australia
Pty Limited ABN 58 008 995 588. At Genesis Motors Australia we recognise the importance of your privacy and appreciate that your personal
information is very important to you. We are committed to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”),
and in particular the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP’s”). Where applicable, Genesis Motors Australia will handle personal information
relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable
regarding our collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information, and of your ability to access and correct it. We may amend this
1. Types of personal information that Genesis Motors Australia collects and holds
The type of personal information Genesis Motors Australia collects from or about you and holds depends on the circumstances in which the
information is collected.
- - We mainly collect information about your contact details
(including your name, address, email address, phone, mobile numbers and social media handles)
- There may be circumstances where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver's licence if you participate in a
test drive or your financial information if you are seeking or obtain finance for the purchase of a Genesis vehicle. If you finance your Genesis vehicle
with Genesis Motors Financial Services, we may collect information about the finance, such as the amount financed and the type of finance product.
If you take out insurance for your Genesis vehicle with Genesis Insurance we may collect information about the insurance and type of insurance product.
- - We may collect information about your Genesis vehicle, including its registration, vehicle identification number (VIN) and date of purchase.
- - We may collect payment information (such as your credit card, PayPal or bank details).
- We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information relating to your dealings with Genesis Motors Australia
(such as details of vehicle/s purchased and service satisfaction).
- If you register your interest with Genesis Motors Australia, we may collect information from you about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests,
if you choose to give us that information, which we may use to send you offers or invite you to events which we think could be of interest to you. Other
personally identifiable information may also be collected, such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation,
if you choose to give us that information.
- If you use our Genesis Connected Services or the Genesis Connected Services app, we may also collect information
(some of which may be personal information about you), including:
- the number of trips and distances that you have driven;
- the location of your vehicle, including historical locations;
- vehicle diagnostic information, such as tyre pressure, amount of fuel in the tank and engine information;
- vehicle driving information, such as speed, braking, cornering and acceleration information;
- airbag deployment or call information if you contact roadside assistance services;
- mobile phone information such as number, model, operating system, search content, usage information relating to
the Genesis Connected Services app and personal location data where you have activated location services on your mobile device
- If you request or receive roadside assistance services, we may collect information about where (eg, location) and when (eg, date, time) you requested
roadside assistance services and the assistance service that is required.
- The type of personal information we collect on our website depends on how you use our website. If you merely visit and browse through our website,
we will not collect any personal information unless you make an enquiry about a Genesis product or service, or you enter a Genesis Motors Australia
trade promotion. However, upon your visit to our website our host may record your server IP address, domain name, the date and time of your visit and
the pages viewed. This information may be collected using cookies. User preferences are stored in cookies which track user trends and patterns of use,
and allows our website to interact more efficiently with your computer. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate
- If you are an individual contractor to Genesis Motors Australia under a services arrangement, in addition to some of the personal information specified
above we may collect information relevant to your engagement with Genesis Motors Australia including qualifications, resume, fee rates, bank account
details, feedback from internal stakeholders, training records and details of your use of Genesis equipment and/or vehicles.
- - If you are employed by a Genesis service centre, personal information we collect may include your name, position, contact details and training records.
- If you apply for a job at Genesis Motors Australia, we may also collect information about your work history and qualifications, including from your
referees, along with the results of any testing we might ask you to undertake, with your consent, to assist us in considering your application.
- In addition to the types of personal information identified above, Genesis Motors Australia may collect personal information
as otherwise permitted or required by law.
2. How Genesis Motors Australia collects your personal information
Genesis Motors Australia may collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways. The most common ways
we collect personal information are:
- we will collect or receive your personal information directly from you if you:
- purchase a new or used Genesis vehicle, part or accessory from us;
- make an enquiry about Genesis vehicles, parts, accessories or services, or if you request a test drive, brochure, specification sheet,
information or other materials about our Genesis vehicles, parts, accessories or services;
- deal with us online, including via our website or through social media channels; or
- use our Genesis Connected Services or the Genesis Connected Services app.
- we will collect or receive your personal information from the third party provider of Genesis Motors Financial Services if you arrange finance for Genesis
vehicle with the third party provider of Genesis Motors Financial Services;
- we will collect or receive your personal information from the third party provider of Genesis Insurance if you arrange insurance for your Genesis vehicle
zwith the third party provider of Genesis Insurance.
- if you enter a Genesis Motors Australia trade promotion carried out by Genesis Motors Australia (including on social media channels) or a trade
promotion carried out by a third party with official affiliation with or support from Genesis Motors Australia;
- if you participate in a Genesis Motors Australia marketing, product development, profiling, survey or research campaign,
including on social media channels;
- - if you request roadside assistance services;
- - if you apply for a job at Genesis Motors Australia, from you directly and from your referees;
- - if you perform work for Genesis Motors Australia under a service arrangement, from your employer or labour agency;
- - if you are employed by or contracted to an Genesis service centre, directly from you or from that dealer;
- - from publicly available sources;
- we may also collect your personal information from third parties, including our service providers, entities and clubs sponsored by or affiliated with us,
or from our contractors and agents.
3. The purposes for which Genesis Motors Australia collects, holds uses and discloses personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances for which we collect it.
In general, we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and related purposes which you would
reasonably expect, for purposes which you consent, and as otherwise authorised or required by law. Specific purposes for which we collect, hold,
use and disclose personal information include:
- we collect your personal information so that we can do business together and for reasons related to our business operations,
such as to ensure we deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers;
- - to respond to your enquiries about our Genesis vehicles, parts, accessories, services or offers;
- - to process sales orders and administer accounts, warranty records and vehicle service records;
- - to provide you and our Genesis service centres with necessary support;
- to attend to or assist in the servicing or repair of your Genesis vehicle, including the provision of roadside assistance services and online vehicle
service & repair booking facilities;
- to conduct analytics for the purposes of product development, market research, determining preferred customer products or services and
marketing and promotional activities;
- - to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary;
- if you use our Genesis Connected Services or, the Genesis Connected Services app, to provide you with notifications and information about your vehicle
and for general analysis and quality improvement purposes;
- - to inform you of a field service action affecting your Genesis vehicle;
- - to send you service reminders;
- to contact you directly or through our service providers and research agencies, to obtain your feedback and find out your level of satisfaction with our
products, and services;
- - to contact you if you are a winner of a Genesis Motors Australia trade promotion that you enter;
- - if you apply for a job at Genesis Motors Australia, to consider your application.
We may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as sending you mail or emails with
details of new Genesis vehicles or services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You can contact us at any time if you do not
wish to receive marketing material.
4. Consequences if you don’t provide your personal information?
If we are unable to collect personal information we require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected,
or advise you of information in relation to Genesis vehicles, parts, accessories or Genesis Motors Australia services or offers. For example,
if we did not collect personal information about your new vehicle purchase, we would be unable to remind you directly of a service that is due, or notify
you of a field service action for the vehicle.
Generally, Genesis Motors Australia may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes
- Genesis Motors Australia and our Genesis service centres share personal information about Genesis customers and prospective customers, so we may
disclose your personal information to our Genesis service centres and vice versa. (Genesis service centres are independent business entities which are
not related to Genesis Motors Australia and may have privacy policies which are different from ours. Genesis dealers are responsible for their own
privacy policies and privacy practices. Please contact us for enquiries or further information.)
- our employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (such as mailing houses, marketing agencies, market research providers, printers,
roadside assistance service providers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers);
- - our related and affiliated companies within Hyundai Motor Group;
- - our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors;
- - if you perform work for Genesis Motors Australia under a service arrangement, to your employer or labour agency;
- if you apply for a job at Genesis Motors Australia, to contracted service providers for purposes such as screening, skill or
aptitude testing and human resource management activities;
- if you use our Genesis Connected Services or the Genesis Connected Services app to our Genesis service centres, wireless service providers and other
technology service providers in connection with the operation of the Genesis Connected Services. We may also disclose this information to insurance
providers in order for them to provide tailored insurance policies to you;
- if your vehicle is provided by your employer as part of a corporate or government fleet policy, we may also disclose certain information to your employer,
including the location of your vehicle from time to time;
- - any third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information;
- - third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- - as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your provision to us, our Genesis service centres, or agents of your personal information will constitute your consent for us to
disclose this information as described in this Section 5 and Section 6 below.
We will take reasonable commercial steps to ensure our service providers keep your personal information confidential, not to use or disclose it for any
purpose other than the purpose of performing their work for us, and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act.
If you post information to certain parts of our website or to our social media channels, you acknowledge that such information may be publicly available.
We recommend that you use your discretion in deciding what information you upload to such websites.
6. Disclosure overseas
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal
information to our related companies within Hyundai Motor Group in South Korea, India and Czech Republic.
Other service providers may be located overseas. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances.
In the ordinary course of business we may disclose personal information to parties located in the United States, Canada and India. Except where an
exemption applies under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the APP’s in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
7. Storage and security
Security of your personal information is important to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse,
interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, to the extent permitted by law we exclude all liability
(including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information.
Personal information held by us is stored within secured premises by Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Limited and Hyundai Motor Group and
its related companies in South Korea. The storage facilities have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from
misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
8. Access & Correction
You may seek access to your personal information which we hold about you and we will provide you with access in accordance with the APP’s.
We may require that you provide suitable identification for security purposes before allowing you to access your personal information.
We may also charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to your personal information
may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where access poses a health or safety risk, the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings
or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will give you reasons why.
Therefore, it is very important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware that any
personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading, irrelevant or not up to date, please contact us using our details below
to correct or update your personal information.
9. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites owned or operated by third parties, including websites owned or operated by third party service providers
affiliated with Genesis Motors Australia. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. These other websites may
contain their own privacy policies and their owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices.
We recommend that you thoroughly read the privacy policies of these third party websites.
10. Links, cookies and use of the Genesis Motors Australia website
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website that collects your personal information. Genesis Motors Australia uses technology such
as "cookies", "pixel tags" and java code on Genesis Motors Australia websites and in emails you have agreed to receive from us. The use of "cookies",
"pixel tags" and java code is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use Genesis Motors Australia
websites. A "cookie" is a small data element stored by your web browser on your computer system. If selected by you, the Genesis Motors Australia
websites will store your username and password in a "cookie" to enable you to be automatically logged in when you return. Genesis Motors Australia
website "cookies" do not store your email address or other personal information about you. We use this technology to generate statistics and measure
website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. During normal website usage we do not collect or store personal information such as your
name, mailing address, email address or phone number. Each time you access Genesis Motors Australia websites, our server may deliver certain
customised information, including ads, to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may show our ads on websites on the Internet
and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other Internet activity. Genesis Motors Australia may also use analytics data supplied
by third party vendors to inform and optimise our marketing campaigns.
11. Contact details and complaints
If you have any concerns or questions about the way your personal information is managed and used by us, or are concerned that an APP or the Privacy
laws have been breached, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer.
Genesis Motors Australia takes seriously its compliance with privacy obligations. We will ensure that your complaint is registered with us, and may
request that you provide the complaint to us in writing. The Privacy Officer will ensure that the complaint is referred to the right people within the
organisation to investigate and respond to the complaint. Any response or action will be notified to you as soon as practicable.
The contact details of the Privacy Officer are as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Genesis Motors Australia Cnr of 394 Lane Cove Road & Hyundai Drive,
Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Phone: 02 8873 6000
Fax: 02 8873 6005