Copyright Management Policy
- 1. The Genesis website (hereafter "Homepage") includes creative works (hereafter "the Productions") that are recognized as copyrighted in various forms such as text, images, pictures, videos, catalogs, brochures, publication VR, flash, sound, etc. Hyundai Motor Company (hereafter "the Company") and/or the authors of the relevant productions are the legal copyright holders (hereafter collectively called "the Copyright Holders") who own the copyrights for all such productions.
2. All of the Productions are protected under the Korea's national copyright laws. Therefore, if any user of the Homepage (hereafter "the User") intends to use all or part of the Productions, he/she must obtain prior approval from the Copyright Holder and must meet the requirements set out below even after the prior approval.
- ① The User must make sure that there are no misunderstandings or confusions, as to corporations, organizations, and products that are not in connection with the Company are sponsored, in cooperation, or guaranteed by the Company.
- ② The User must not use the Productions with the intention of slandering the Company or the Company's products in a way that will or may possibly create a negative image of the Company.
- ③ If there is any risk of creating a 2nd production through editing, modifying, or processing the Production, the User must receive prior approval from the Copyright Holder.
- ④ The User must not use the Production for commercial or business purposes in any case whatsoever.
- ⑤ If the Copyright Holder grants approval to use the production, the User must not use the Production for purposes other than for what has been approved.
- ⑥ The User must not copy, distribute, transmit all or part of the Homepage or take any other actions that may infringe copyrights in any case whatsoever.
- 3. Prior approval must be obtained from the Company if the User intends to link the Homepage to any website of another company, organization, etc. that is related to himself/herself. In such circumstances, its source must be displayed in accordance with the Company’s policies. (e.g. "Genesis website" or "Go to genesis.com.")
- 4. As the Copyright Holder and the primary operator of the Homepage, the Company reserves the right to change or delete any content on the Homepage, including productions, without prior notice, if necessary.
- 5. The Company will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or other consequences that occur arising out of the User's unauthorized use of the Productions. If the User engages in any actions that may violate policies or relevant laws, the User shall be responsible for civil and criminal charges.
- 6. The information and content published by the Company on the Homepage is for the User's reference and convenience only. As such, accuracy is not guaranteed. Therefore, the Company will not be responsible for any consequences that are arising out of or in connection with the User's voluntary use of or reliance on information on the homepage.
- 7. The Company adheres to the Information Communications Network Act, the copyright law, and other relevant laws regarding Homepage operation.
Brand Management Policy
- 1. The various trademarks (hereafter "Brand") that are related to the Company and the Company's mission, trademarks related to Genesis, product names, and logos (including BI/CI) are registered trademarks both in Korea and internationally, and the Company holds legal trademark rights with regard to the Brand.
- 2. If the User intends to use all or part of the Company's Brand, such User must obtain prior approval from the Company and abide by the company's Brand policies. In case of any violation, the User may be responsible for civil and criminal charges in accordance with relevant laws.
3. The Company holds the right to use all of its Brands monopolistically and exclusively, and the actions in the following paragraphs are thus restricted.
- ① Use of the Brand with the intention of slandering the Company.
- ② Use of all or part of the Company's brand such as internet domain names, addresses, or other online media, or using expressions that are recognized references to the Company.
- ③ Use of the Brand on any car-related product without the company's prior approval.
- ④ Unauthorized use of all or part of the Company's Brand in car-related businesses or business sites.
- ⑤ Unauthorized use of all or part of the Company's Brand on products that are not related to cars.
- ⑥ Use of the Company's Brand in a way that beyond the scope of the authority granted by the Company.
- ⑦ Unauthorized use of the Company's Brand for personal profit.
- ⑧ Causing possible misunderstandings or confusion in some consumers by using other company’s Brands or similar Brands.
Please contact us for any questions with regard to the above.