- • ANCAP tests of Electrified GV70 and Electrified G80 have seen both models earn the maximum five-star safety rating
- • Additional frontal offset and oblique pole tests confirmed the integrity of the battery and the safety of high-voltage electrical system in each model
- • With the addition of Electrified GV70 and Electrified G80 the entire Genesis EV model line-up now has a five-star ANCAP safety rating
06 June 2023 - ANCAP tests of Electrified GV70 and Electrified G80 have seen both models earn the program’s maximum five-star safety rating.
Additional frontal offset and oblique pole tests confirmed the integrity of the battery and the safety of high-voltage electrical system, to see each model’s existing five-star safety ratings extended to include the EV variants.
With the addition of Electrified GV70 and Electrified G80, alongside GV60, the entire Genesis EV model line-up is now rated five stars by Australasian independent vehicle safety authority ANCAP.
“The excellent 5-star performance of the Genesis model range in ANCAP testing provides the best possible endorsement of the safety technology inherent in our battery-electric powertrains, as we continue towards a sustainable motoring future,” Head of Genesis Motors Australia, Connal Yan said.
lectrified GV70 builds on its conventionally powered counterpart’s progressive style and spacious interior to bring new appeal, with its outstanding all-electric performance and an array of EV-exclusive technologies.
Both Electrified GV70 and Electrified G80 come equipped standard with an impressive array of advanced active safety and driver assistance technologies.
Electrified GV70: Key Safety Features
• 8 Airbags - Including front centre side airbag
• Active bonnet
• Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance-Assist (BCA) - Rear/Side
• Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)
• Driver Attention Warning (DAW), including:
o Leading Vehicle Departure Alert
o Forward Attention Warning (FAW)
• Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), including:
o Car/Pedestrian/Cyclist detection
o Junction Turning/Junction Crossing function
o Lane-Change Oncoming/Side function
o Evasive Steering Assist function
• High Beam Assist (HBA)
• Intelligent Front-Lighting System (IFS)
• Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
• Manual Speed Limit Assist (MSLA)
• Lane Keeping Assist - Line/Road-Edge (LKA-L/R)
• Lane Following Assist (LFA)
• Parking Distance Warning (PDW) (Front & Rear)
• Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist - Reverse (PCA-R)
• Multi Collision Brake (MCB)
• Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance-Assist (RCCA)
• Rear Occupant Warning (ROW) – logic type
• Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
• Smart Cruise Control (SCC), including:
• Stop & Go function & Machine Learning
• Surround View Monitor (SVM) w/ 3D surround view
• Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)
• Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The Australasian New Car Assessment Program or ANCAP is Australia and New Zealand's independent voice on vehicle safety.
ANCAP crash tests cars and conducts performance assessments of safety features and technologies to provide a star rating that indicates relative safety performance.
Since 1993, ANCAP has published independent safety ratings for thousands of new vehicle makes, models and variants.
ANCAP’s safety ratings allow a simple comparison of the relative safety between vehicles and are a key vehicle selection factor for consumers and fleet buyers.
For more information visit: https://www.ancap.com.au/