· All-new GV60 earns TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS designation, joining the entire tested 2022 Genesis lineup with top honours
· Fourth year in a row entire Genesis lineup of eligible tested vehicles has earned top honours from IIHS
Markham, Ontario, Nov. 3, 2022 – Today, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that the all-new 2023 Genesis GV60 has been designated as TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS. With this award, GV60 joins GV70, GV80, G70 (applies only to vehicles built after June 2021), G80 and G90 as IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS for 2022. This marks the fourth year in a row that the entire Genesis lineup of eligible tested vehicles has earned top honors from IIHS. The Electrified G80 joined the Genesis lineup in 2022 and is not yet rated.
“Our guests are at the centre of everything we do at Genesis, and their safety is of paramount importance,” said Eric Marshall, director of Genesis Motors Canada. “Every Genesis vehicle is designed and engineered with comfort and safety as top priorities”.
All Genesis models are equipped with a comprehensive suite of state-of-the-art active and passive safety technologies including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keep Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance-Assist, and more. Each vehicle in the Genesis lineup offers a standard suite of advanced safety features that help avoid collisions and provide advanced occupant protection if they do occur. These advanced safety systems contributed to the GV60 earning the IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus award.
“We are pleased to have our extremely high standards for safety at Genesis recognized by IIHS on the all-new GV60 and across our lineup,” said Steve Flamand, executive director, product, corporate, IT & digital strategy, Genesis Motors Canada.
Genesis vehicles are equipped with the latest in safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
· Eight or more standard airbags, including front centre airbags in all models introduced from 2021, further protecting front cabin occupants in the event of a collision.
· Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist, which can help mitigate the risks of collisions with detected vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in certain conditions.
· Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist, helping reduce the chance of potential impact with a vehicle that is detected in the blind spot.
· An innovative platform – with strong focus on safety – including passenger compartment protection and reinforcement areas using advanced high strength steel for rigidity and safety.
For more information, visit https://genesisnews.ca/en/
For more information, interviews, and images, please contact:
Dustin A. Woods
Manager, Public Relations
Genesis Motors Canada